Tips on Purchasing Car Insurance
From Montgomery & Associates Insurance Agency
When purchasing a new or preowned vehicle as a first time buyer or a seasoned owner, there are many steps to be completed. One requirement for getting your newly purchased car, truck, or SUV on the road is automotive insurance.
Knowing which insurance to purchase can seem overwhelming and complex to car buyers. For that reason many buyers select a plan they have used before or one a friend uses. Using this approach may result in being underinsured or even over-insured. To obtain coverage that is a good match for you and ensures you are properly covered, consider the following:
How to Buy Car Insurance: Steps to Secure the Best Coverage
Learn more about our automotive insurance carriers and the state of Tennessee minimum requirements
- Determine the types of coverage are required by your lender, if applicable.
- Here are the current minimum coverage requirements in Tennessee:
$25,000 for each injury or death per auto accident
$50,000 for total injuries or deaths per auto accident
$15,000 for property damage per auto accident
- Consider other coverage that may be beneficial to you, such as collision, comprehensive, uninsured motorist, rental car benefits, medical payments, and additional personal injury protection.
- Find out when others drive your vehicle whether they will be covered.
- If you run a business of any kind and plan to use the car for business, be sure to ask whether your policy covers business use.
- Find out if the vehicle comes with any safety features that may result in an insurance discount.
- Find out if your coverage will offer original replacement parts in the event you are in an accident.
- Be sure to receive quotes of like coverage from at least 3 carriers.
- Check the agency’s reputation for claims payment, customer service, and customer satisfaction.
- Check the financial rating of the insurance company.
- Find out if your agent has a local office so you can meet in person.
Montgomery & Associates Insurance Agency is a local agency offering personalized service to ensure you and your car are properly covered. We offer 2 convenient locations in Brentwood and Murfreesboro TN:
1730 General George Patton Dr
Brentwood, TN 37027
1639 Medical Center Pkwy #101
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Have a car or truck insurance question in the Middle Tennessee area? We are here to help.
Submit your auto insurance questions